This webinar Home Study will be for 1.5 CE credits and includes practical information that will make your transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 as seamless as possible! Facilitated by PPA member, Ed Zuckerman, PhD, this course will highlight the changes that will affect you and your practice. THIS HOME STUDY IS AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY, NOT AVAILABLE IN HARD COPY!
At the end of the program, participants will be able to . . . .
1. Explain the roles of the DSM and ICD diagnostic systems in the industrialization of healthcare.
2. Compare and contrast the two systems in at least three diagnoses relevant to most clinicians.
3. Acquire, or know how to acquire, the online and paper resources to use each of the systems.
4. Use at least two of the use of S, T, and Z codes in making a full biopsychosocial diagnoses with multicultural sensitivity.
5. Decide and plan how to use each system in your work.
6. List at least two of the International Classifications to be introduced in the next five years.
APA: The Pennsylvania Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. PPA maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
Act 48: The Pennsylvania Psychological Association is an approved provider for Act 48 Continuing Professional Education Requirements as mandated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Certificates will be available to all School Psychologists following the conference. Non-PPA members must pay an additional $10 for this service. If you need Act 48 credits, please include your Professional Personnel ID number on the registration form.
Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors in Pennsylvania can receive continuing education from continuing education providers approved by the American Psychological Association. Since the Pennsylvania Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education, licensed social workers, licensed clinical social workers, licensed marriage and family therapists, and licensed professional counselors will be able to fulfill their continuing education requirement by attending PPA continuing education programs.